Kaul Sales Partners Pathway To New Revenue Services
Profit Diagnostic, Messaging, Sales, Content And Marketing Campaign Strategy
We function as an organic extension of your team to deliver actionable strategic analysis and 100% on-the-ground execution.
Insight is one thing. Actionable insight is another.
Kaul Sales Partners offers you smart sales campaign execution anchored in our foundational inquiry strategy process.
The foundational inquiry starts with a profit diagnostic.
Many CEOs we talk to know how revenue is trending but can’t meaningfully answer questions about strategic focus or the reasons why their lead generation, marketing and sales programs fail. Whether you invest in a sales and marketing department or rely on the senior team to “make rain,” most only begin a dead-serious investigation when sales are flat or crumbling and/or gross margins are flat or declining.
How can you prove that these crucial business areas are carrying their own weight and delivering profit?
Can you say with confidence that your sales and marketing arms (including the executive team) are fully aligned with your strategic goals? Do you believe that all (or most) of your current customers are generating profit for you or just draining your operating resources? Are your pricing policies fully rationalized and enforced across the entire organization?
Does your executive team have significant expertise in consultative sales methodology?
These are just a few of the critical questions that we’ll dig into together. The answers will light the way to more effective sales and marketing investments. Decades of outcomes (and learning the hard way) have taught us how to ask the right questions and deliver the results you need.
Why a Diagnostic and what are the Deliverables?
An end-to-end diagnostic of your sales and marketing strategy and processes will reveal powerful new opportunities. Here are the kinds of questions and issues we will explore:
- How well are sales and marketing aligned with your strategic objectives?
- Are your sales and pricing policies clearly articulated? Enforced? If not, why?
- How do you price a product or service, and what was your rationale for creating them?
- How effectively is the sales approach managed? Using what metrics?
- How are your incentives for sales and management people aligned with your strategic goals?
- Has your cost of sales fluctuated over the past years? Why?
- How many of your clients are profitable? How many are losing you money?
- What’s your per-client revenue “break-even point” for understanding an account’s contribution to profitability?
- Do your salespeople command knowledge of the industry and major competitors? (Note: If trained properly, everyone in sales should be able to make a cogent presentation to you as if they were a competitor.)
- Has everyone in sales and marketing been properly trained for the role they have currently — especially your sales management?
THE ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS — and others we find along the way — will inform a set of recommendations that help you get clarity and a plan for action.
The fee for this process is the same as our standard monthly retainer. When completed, you will see your business clearer, understand your challenges better and know what fixes need to be made.
What happens when you can’t quickly answer the question, “What do you do?” You get lost in the noise. You may have a great sales organization, but not knowing your positioning and core messaging makes it nearly impossible to create effective sales campaigns.
Without bringing the client voice into the conversation results may suffer. Therefore, we interview current clients and known prospects as we work through the message strategy.
You must define and defend your core position
- How do you typically present your company to prospects from the introductory meeting to final proposal stage?
- What do you perceive as the greatest problems in new client acquisition and achieving your new revenue targets?
- What did you do in the past that was successful? What was not successful?
- Who are your best clients, financial value and what basis do you use to judge them as best clients?
- How will you prove the emotional, strategic and financial benefit of your offerings to your client base?
- Why would a prospective client select your offering versus “doing it themselves” or working with a competitor?
- What presentation, product demo or diagnostic assessment offer will bring dimension and value to the prospect?
The strategy session provides a simple framework that anchors all your sales or content campaigns — and makes sure your communication with prospects is concise and compelling.
Our messaging workshop equips you with the following tools:
Internal Positioning Statement for Your Company
Our session yields a “guidepost” statement that distills your target market and key differentiators in one sentence — informing clear and compelling communication at all customer touchpoints.
Mission and Vision Statements
Statements for internal use that define and communicate your company culture and reason for existence.
Key Home Page Messaging Elements
You have a handful of seconds (and a few choice words) to make your prospect understand what you do, for whom and how you do it better. We wordsmith home page messaging that aligns directly with your internal positioning statement.
Deliverables include tagline options, home page copy, About Us section and service descriptions.
Sales and Marketing Campaign Strategy Workshop
Business and message strategy fail without best-in-class sales campaign execution. This is why many B2B agencies and marketing consultants fall short. Many excellent positioning, branding and website design firms provide high-level strategic services. Without sound execution, you hire them at your peril.
Kaul Sales Partners helps you refine your view of the battlefield with segmentation analysis that produces better business conversation opportunities with the right decision makers. Our sales workshop ensures you pinpoint the correct targets and calculate your best opportunity in the context of company strengths and prospect needs.
Ask Hard Questions, Get Better Answers
We will not launch a campaign until we are 100% confident that our groundwork has gone inside the prospect’s head and distilled a defensible, strategic selling angle that cuts through industry noise.
Here are the kind of questions you’re likely to hear from us:
- What are the greatest buying motivations for your prospects in each segment?
- How can you positively impact the situation faced by the prospects in your segments?
- Can you prove it?
- How do you justify your value claim?
- What are the critical pain points faced by the prospect? What are his or her aspirations?
- What is your proven solution in regards to that situation?
- How do you typically manage conversation at the needs discovery and proposal stages?
- What low-cost or complimentary assessment offer will bring dimension and value to the prospect?
- What editorial (not sales) content will bring your unique perspective to the market?
We scale based on client requirements to run multiple campaigns at the same time. Kaul Sales Partners becomes your agile sales department that works closely with your team in pursuit of revenue.
We have spent years fine-tuning best practices that focus campaigns, reach the right prospects and tame list management and deliverability. We know how to avoid common practices that drive down open rates or send you to the junk folder. Because of our research and technology you can rely on our list team to find the right contacts, email addresses and phone numbers.
If what you're doing isn't producing the revenue you want, please contact me for a complimentary action session.